My typical morning starts out at about 4:30 or 5 AM with a nice jog and then some yoga. You could guess that after I get done doing my morning workout I am ravenous! So I start my day with my favorite healthy and easy smoothie!
By the way, it is also a great snack for in between meals!
Makes 1 serving
What you will need:
- 25 fresh Blueberries
- 2 Strawberries cut into slices
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain, it’s all up to you!)
- 1/2 cup of Almond milk (vanilla or unsweetened again, it’s all up to you!)
- 2 pinches of Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- a few tiny slivers of Ginger
- five nuts (walnuts or almonds)
Benefits of ingredients:
- Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants, good for a healthy cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels. They can also decrease certain types of cancers!
- Strawberries are a great source of antioxidants and have great nutrients such as magnesium, folate (B vitamin), dietary fiber, and potassium. Strawberries are also high in vitamin C.
- Greek yogurt has twice the protein content as regular yogurt because it has amino acids that make up for it. It also has probiotics which help keep your body regular and happy and a great after-workout snackie!
- Almond milk is low in calories, delicious, dairy-free, can reduce the risk of heart disease, good for your kidneys, and great for your skin.
- Cinnamon is great for lowering blood sugar levels, contains anti-inflammatory properties, protects brain function, great source of vitamin K, protects dental health, and helps fight allergies!
- Honey is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, increases athletic performance, helps regulate blood sugar, it is also a great memory, and a great energy booster.
- Ginger is great for treating chronic indigestion, significantly reduce menstrual pain, and fights infections.
- Nuts are a great source of vitamin E, can lower cholesterol, help with type two diabetes, can reduce inflammation, and can possibly reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke!
How to make:
I would like to say that you can use a blender if that is all you have, but I personally prefer something like the NutriBullet or a knock off of it because you will get the best blended results!
First start off by putting in the blueberries, strawberries, nuts, and ginger (the nuts and ginger are optional) into the blender or whatever blender device you chose to use!
Then, put in the Greek yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon, and honey.
After all the lovely ingredients are in you will want to blend it for about thirty seconds or whenever you feel it is well blended.
There you go! Now you have a great breakfast all in one amazing smoothie!
Thanks for reading! Do you guys have any favorite smoothie recipes?