I have always struggled to find a great DIY skin mask due to my very sensitive skin and I have been experimenting for years trying to find a decent mask that doesn’t make me break out all over the place! After all the experimenting, it has totally paid off. So I thought I would share my discovery and offer you guys something that will leave your skin feeling more energized and replenished!
The Blueberry Goodness Mask:
(totally just made that up)
- 5-8 fresh blueberries. Blueberries are a great antioxidant when you eat them, so why not have your skin eat them too?
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened Greek yogurt. Unsweetened plain Greek yogurt taste a little funny to me personally, so I’d rather be putting it on my skin than eating it. Greek yogurt helps dissolve dead skin and tightens pores.
- 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds. Coffee helps raise the blood to the surface of the skin and the caffeine effect helps to wake up the body in the morning, it also does the same for your skin!
- Oh honey, add about 1 teaspoon of honey and try not to get it all over yourself like I do. Now why isn’t honey good for you? It helps slow down aging, a great antioxidant and it is an amazing complexion boost!
- You also might want to add about 1 tablespoon of water just to balance out the texture. But it’s all based on your personal preference!
Now, mix the all of those lovely ingredients together in a blender or with something that will combine the blueberries and apply it to your face. The texture again, as I said above should be based on your personal preference! I recommend using it before you get into the shower because the coffee grounds love to get everywhere especially in your hair, so keep this baby on for about 10 to 15 minuets and while you are waiting you can put two soaked green tea bags right underneath your eyes to also help with your eye bags! Use this mask about 2 to 3 times a week for the best results! Check out my Skin care favorites for more information on the products I use!
What are your skin mask secrets? What have you tried?