A lot of people in my life have the basic question of “how are you such a morning person Heather? How can you just roll out of bed and get so much done at the beginning of the day?” and I respond each time, it can be quite simple once you get into the routine and the routine does not only consist on when you wake up, it is also when you go to bed. Here are some of the things you need to be doing to wake up the next day feeling refreshed:
- Take a multivitamin before bed.
- Drink a big glass of water.
- Do not eat 2 hours before you go to sleep. ( I know it can be a little hard when you like bed time snackies)
- Clear your system and use the restroom before bed.
- Now, clear your mind. That thing your co-worker did earlier that really pissed you off, yeah. Let it go. whether it is from writing, meditating or any activity that helps you become in the “moment,” You should be doing it.
- Make sure you get a sleep calculator to track the hours you sleep, there is amazing apps for it! You want 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night. Nothing less, nothing more.
- Oh, yeah and last but not least, ALWAYS wash your face and brush your teeth! You will feel very uncomfortable in the mornings if you don’t apply this to your routine well, at least I do because I have been that lazy girl that comes home late at night and just falls asleep, don’t be that person!
This hustle and bustle routine will change your life. You will wake up feeling better than ever and revitalized. I have always been able to get so much more done in the mornings than if I woke up later then 10 AM. These tips would be my secret weapon on how to become a morning person and I hope they improve your sleep and mornings as well.
What is your secret routine?